Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The city so nice they named it twice :)

Recently, I've had a lot of thoughts running through my mind, but the main one that keeps coming back is: New York.

I have no idea why, but I have such a strong urge to move to NYC. The strange thing is I've never ever been there. I've been to a lot of major cities, but never to this one.

I keep imagining Ten and I moving there and eating hot dogs from dirty street vendors, going to baseball games and musicals, visiting Times Square, and fighting off muggers. L-O-V-E.

So, the question is: is this a possibility? Absolutely. Every year we get a centimeter and a half closer to this goal, so maybe one day, eventually we can go. For those of you who don't know, my husband works at an international investment bank, so the opportunity is very real.

Now, I absolutely do love living in Japan. I love the food and how safe it is, but there is an energy that is missing here. To be honest, I'm getting tired of how predictable things are. Also, Ten would be the first to tell you that he would love to get out of here. So no problems there. Just have to keep on keepin' on as Curtis Mayfield says (love that song!!).

Sigh. Anyway, that is all for today....

P.S. I would kill someone for some good chili cheese fries...dang I wish Wendy's still existed here. : (


4 comments:

  1. keep thinking this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would totally love to live in New York. I think the first time I fell in love with it was reading Remember Me To Harold Square by Paula Danziger. I could spend years exploring the museums!

    In our case though it's pretty much impossible. No visa for one! So you have to live out my dream on my behalf, please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Medea, I will try to pick up the book that you mentioned....must be good. I hope I can live out our dream sometime soon....hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...