Thursday, October 13, 2011

Random Tidbits

So, here are a few random bits from the past week:

  • I found out the National Azabu supermarket will be closing for the next year....really sad about this since this is one of the only places in Tokyo where you can buy several types of foreign food....but super expensive. One box of macaroni and cheese for close to $4.
  • Went to the bakery today and grabbed a loaf of this white, cheesy bread...love this stuff...even better was when the staff brought out a freshly baked one for me instead of the one I picked up from the shelf... :)... I have a feeling in the U.S. this wouldn't have happened.
  • Woke up today and realized that I haven't done laundry in like a week...shocking...I don't know how I forgot, but with the weather so cool out it is hard to get it done all in one day....scratch that....impossible.
  • Thinking about the holidays this year and what we want to do. So far here is the plan:
    • Halloween - decorations and Halloween pasta. Possibly parade in Omotesando.
    • Thanksgiving - doing take out from Roti in Roppongi or maybe going to the restaurant and having a proper sit down dinner....hmmm....not planning on cooking this year.
    • Christmas - to exchange gifts or not to, not sure about this year, but need to go shopping for my nephew at least....may do Christmas cards??...and thinking of doing dinner Japanese style (you know KFC and cake)...maybe see the Nutcraker or go to a Christmas concert also....but simple is best this year.
    • New Year's - My family will be in Japan for this, so going to go all out this year...traditional decorations, toshikoshi soba, countdown at Zozoji, Hatsumode (maybe tackle Meiji Jingu for this .... maybe), and then a trip to Disney so they can see the characters dressed up in kimono and everything...should be fun.
Lot's to think about.

2 comments:

  1. I bought Halloween pasta too!! I'll take a pix when I cook it!!
    If you go to Roti for a sit down dinner, I hope you'll let me join you guys!! I am really craving for turkey!!
    Meiji Shrine is a killer during the New Year days!! You might want to avoid it... Or at least just take a peek and then head in the opposite direction.
    I will so be there for Disney for you and your family!! Twist my rubber arm!! But just give me a heads up so I can keep my work schedule open.
    Don't overdo yourself for Christmas this year!! Use your decorations from last year!! Or, we could go shopping again... hint, hint!! (don't let Ten kill me!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You are so organised! I can't even think about Christmas yet,but they are already selling Christmas stuff in the shops here in Australia.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...