Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Jitters

I sure do have a serious case of them, and I can't wait for the next 24 hours to be over with.


Let's see, first, Ten is now at the airport getting ready to board his plane to Hong Kong. I get so paranoid that he will have a tough time making it to his hotel. Now, this isn't completely unwarranted. Flashback to the time we were in South Korea and he swore that we didn't need cash. We ended up getting stuck on top of a small mountain with no money for a taxi....and no knowledge of Korean. Luckily, with the help of a lovely Korean woman, we made it back to our hotel many hours later....and he still hasn't learned his lesson.


Also, tomorrow I am off to the hospital...alone. For nothing particularly serious, but I will have to get some blood work done as well as have a consultation with a doctor. This alone is never a fun experience, but add on the fact that it is in a foreign country where I can't speak the language....yes, exciting! Now, the doctor can speak relatively decent English, so I'm not too worried about that part. It is the nurses who I am worried about, and well you always spend more time with the nurses.


Usually they start out with English but end up giving up and switching to Japanese. This is where Ten steps in as translator. Now tomorrow...I will not have this additional help, so I think we will have to struggle on in both languages and hope there aren't too many misunderstandings....and trust me there will be quite a few. The last time I was alone, there was a bit of confusion over the doctor I was requesting...oh well, it's not like anything life threatening can happen from this...will just have to make it through.


Anyway, so going to spend the rest of the night tracking Ten on my phone and waiting for him to call me...psycho?....maybe a tad.





1 comment:

  1. good luck im sure everything will be fine. stay calm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...