Sunday, October 9, 2011

Out with the old....in with the ramen?

So, today Ten and I headed over to the Book Off (used book shop) in Gotanda to try to unload some of our books. I think we sold about 8 or 9 books and got paid a grand total of...wait are you ready?....350 yen (or about $4.50)...hahahaha. I was just relieved that they took all of them. Before I would just give my books away...or even worse throw them out....so making any money at all is GREAT!! We were so happy with our 350 yen...hahaha.


Also, we found out that tomorrow they are having a half off sale on all English books...yay!!....50 yen for a book ($0.65), can't beat that. We will probably go and buy the same amount of books that we sold....so, so much for getting rid of stuff....:(....but who can pass up that deal...really....especially since we checked the prices of the books on Amazon...and they are cheaper to buy at Book Off...


And now....here is maybe my most favorite ramen shop...loved this place....


This type of ramen comes from Ten's hometown, and it was our first time to try this place together....and worth waiting in line....




I loved all of the toppings that are at your table that you can add to the ramen...I didn't snap pics of all of them, but here are the ones that we love.


Ginger and Garlic Cloves
Spicy Takana (mustard greens)...Ten's favorite
Spicy Bean Sprouts...my favorite

And then after waiting for a few minutes....out came our ramen....heavenly.....


Slices of pork with spice, green onion, noodles, and more
....with toppings...

We also got greedy and ordered gyoza (dumplings) and Ten got a noodle refill (kaedama)...hahaha...but that was long gone before I could take a pic.



After eating, we walked back home and used YouTube to do karaoke....one of our guilty pleasures....hahahaha....and we are terrible....and the neighbors probably think was are nuts (especially since we dance with the blinds wide open)....but we have a lot of fun... :)

2 comments:

  1. sounds funeven if you are crazy. i think i would like to try this place to eat when we visit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ippudo ramen is great!! They sell the instant type in the convenient stores sometimes so when I find it I buy it! But it's the toppings that are great and of course the soup stock!! Glad you guys ate hardy!
    As for book off, didn't know the Gotanda one had English books too... nice!!
    Karaoke? Plus dancing? Wish I could have been there!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...